By Gerald Royster
I still remember as a kid always loving Wrestling. It seemed so larger to life back then. From Epic clashes between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, to Kane and Undertaker teaming up to become the Brothers of Destruction and running through everyone! I remember when Triple H and the rest of DX inspired a generation to just tell every one to “Suck it”. I remember the Invasion by WCW and ECW, and as a 12 year old concerned deeply when Stone Cold and Kurt Angle flipped sides and scared there wouldn’t be a WWF! It was a time before social media and internet superiority. It was honestly a simpler time, where following a wrestling storyline was like watching your favorite show, and as a kid it was even more magical. You had to tune into Monday Night Raw, and Smackdown on Thursdays. If you didn’t you could catch up with Heat on Sundays on MTV, yes younger generation MTV had wrestling. Randomly you could even watch Velocity on TNN. The options were there, it was so much better than it is now in the age of social media. But I digress. Wrestlemania season is upon us and every year that little inner Pre-teen, who’d record wrestling shows only to watch them the next day after school due to his bed time gets excited! To quote Henry who’s article is available on this sit Wrestlemania is truly “Where it all Happens Again”.
But lets get down to my predictions for the matches:
- Andre The Giant Memorial Battle RoyalI’m going to go with Elias. I think this is the type of match built for him to win after he’s been getting kind of a push as of late. It’ll also set him up to possibly feud for the Intercontinental championship in the near future.
- Cruiserweight Championship — Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa AliI predict this to be one of the better matches of the night! It could literally go either way, and I’m going to go with Cedric Alexander after saying that.
- United States Championship — Randy Orton (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. RusevI predict it will be Rusev Day tonight. Randy Orton has been one of my favorite wrestlers for over a decade, but I think with the steak that Rusev has been on and being highly over he’s going to pull off the victory tonight.
- Raw Tag Team Championship — The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman & TBABraun Strowman could literally win this by himself, so with a surprise entrant it’s even more in his favor. So in saying that I’m going to predict Rey Mysterio makes his return tonight as Braun’s partner. It may not make sense on paper, but WWE has to fit him in somewhere somehow! did someone say 619?!
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship — The Usos (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
- I think The New Day will get their titles back. I mean the Bludgeon Brothers could pull it off, but I don’t think they will. NEW DAY!!!
- Raw Women’s Championship — Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia JaxI’ve been rooting for Nia Jax to get her shot. I think she will tonight, and have a huge Wrestlemania moment!
- Intercontinental Championship — The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn BalorI think Finn Balor walks out of NOLA as the new Intercontinental Champion. This will definitely help put him back in the Universal Championship picture by Survivor series!
- SmackDown Women’s Championship — Charlotte Flair (c) vs. AsukaThe Streak continues and Asuka will win the championship.
- Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami ZaynCareers are on the line here, and honestly as much as I’d love to see Daniel Bryan get his welcome back victory, I just don’t see it happening. Given the stipulation of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn losing their jobs as a result of losing I will have to go with Zayn and Owens. I don’t like my decision but oh well.
- John Cena vs. The Undertaker?My prediction here goes: Cena comes out to the ring, talks about how much he loves the fans and loves the history behind Wrestlemania. He talks about how much it sucks to not have an opponent this year
- and reminds of us when he proposed to Nikki Bella, and how he fought the Rock… twice. Then he calls Undertaker out… and then all of a sudden you hear a bell, then the words “Dead-man Walking…” and then Kid Rock comes out to the tune of American Bad-ass where he sings half the song before the sound of a Harley starts up. Then Undertaker and all his american Bad-ass glory. ride down to the ring to confront Cena. and then sadly my 12 year old dreams are crushed when Cena beats him…
- Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon & Triple HThe Olympians win because we all need a feel good story! Where Ronda will go from there is anyone’s guess.
- WWE Championship — AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke NakamuraI think AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura will put on one hell of a show! But I truly think the Phenomenal one will win at Wrestlemania
- Universal Championship — Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman ReignsRoman wins Brock retires, we get to see the title on Raw weekly, Samoa Joe returns and destroys Reigns at the end!
All in all it should be a great event! I’m expecting a lot. But as I said that inner child inside of me is truly excited! So don’t miss it! tonight at 7 on the WWE network!